1. Full names of soldier. Orren Franklin Harrison (sometimes mistakenly listed as Orion F. Harrison in his military file)
2. Rank, unit served with, etc. Private with Company D (Kossuth Volunteers) of the 23rd Mississippi Regiment
3. Any personal info about the soldier that you’re aware of. None
4. Was he wounded at Franklin? Captured? Missing? Killed? Neither wounded nor captured nor KIA. I believe his regiment saw action near the Carter Cotton Gin at Franklin.
5. Survive Franklin? Survive the war? He did survive the War and lived until 1926. His death certificate lists his occupation as “Retired Farmer” and his cause of death was attributed to “Chronic Brain Softening” He was 87-years-old at the time of his death.
6. Your exact relation? – O.F. Harrison is my 2nd Great Grandfather
7. Burial place? Oak Grove Cemetery in Woodbine, Texas
8. Any pictures of the soldier: in uniform? Before or after the war? None
9. Surviving letters, diaries, or documents you’re willing to share? His Confederate pension application is attached to this email. It states that he served from September of 1861 to April of 1865.
10. The email address for you to be contacted? firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Permission to re-publish your info in a web-based database so others can learn about him, and possibly contact you to ask questions or share info you might desire? Yes
Azbell Communications, LLC
121 Coosa Street, Suite 200
Montgomery, Alabama 36104