1. Full names of soldier. John Robert Hill
2. Rank, unit served with, etc. He served in Company E of the 20th Infantry Regiment of Tennessee.
3. Any personal info about the soldier that you’re aware of. He was born July 17, 1848 in Williamson County and he enlisted on June 8, 1861 in Trousdale, TN.
4. Was he wounded at Franklin? Captured? Missing? Killed?
5. Survive Franklin? Survive the war? Yes he survived and lived a long life. He was 72 years old when he died on May 9, 1921.
6. Your exact relation? He is my maternal great-grandfather.
7. Burial place? Franklin, TN
8. Any pictures of the soldier: in uniform? Before or after the war? I have pictures of him before and after service, but none in his uniform.
9. Surviving letters, diaries, or documents you’re willing to share? None that I am aware of at this time.
10. The email address for you to be contacted? Lgharris57@verizon.net
11. Permission to re-publish your info in a web-based database so others can learn about him, and possibly contact you to ask questions or share info you might desire? Yes