1. Robert Scott Montgomery
2. Co. I, Sabine Grays, 7th Texas Infantry Regiment.
3. Born about 1839 Spartanburg Co., SC. A son of Benjamin Franklin Montgomery, 04 Nov 1810 – 03 Jun 1900, and Harriet Moss, 22 Aug 1811 – 05 Jan 1861.
4. R.S. Montgomery is documented in compiled service records as being killed at Franklin.
5. I have found no evidence of survival in my research.
6. My exact relationship is a maternal first cousin four times removed.
7. Section 3, Grave 37, McGavock Confederate Cemetery.
8. I am not aware of any pre-war or post war images at present.
9. No known surviving written correspondence or materials at present.
11. Permission granted.