1. Samuel B. Miears
2. Private, Co. A, Orr Guards, 31st Mississippi Infantry Regiment
3. S.B. Miears was born 09 Dec 1826 in AL and died 30 Nov 1864, Battle of Franklin, TN. Married Lou Emily Burke 09 Oct 1845. Lou E. Burke Miears was born 21 Aug 1826 in SC. Samuel was a son of John Porter Miears, 26 Nov 1806 – 09 Sep 1890, and his wife Martha Ann, 23 Sep 1806 – 28 Mar 1879.
4. Documented in compiled service records as killed in action at Franklin.
5. I have not found any indication in my research that S.B. Miears survived Franklin.
6. Exact relationship is paternal first cousin five times removed.
7. Interment believed to be Section 27, Grave 90, McGavock Confederate Cemetery based on intials M.,S.B. for that grave.
8. No images that I am aware of at present.
9. I don’t know of any surviving written materials.