1. Full names of soldier.
Spartan G. Tate
2. Rank, unit served with, etc.
Spartan enlisted in the Confederate Army on December 12, 1861. He served in the 16th South Carolina Regiment Company C. Spartan served as a private during the war.
3. Any personal info about the soldier that you’re aware of.
• Born: May 2, 1838
• Death: January 17, 1910
• Married to Mary Nancy (1) Ward (Born: April 23, 1841 Death: December 16, 1896)
• Spartan and Mary had 4 boys and 2 girls, (Ed, Tom (Thomas M. Tate Born March 19, 1876 Death July 14, 1951 Thomas was married to a Lula B. Born September 1, 1882 Death December 20, 1965), Will (or Willis? May be the William A. Tate 1862-1933 buried at Double Springs Baptist Church, married to Maggie B. Tate 1869-1957), Tandy, Bessy and Fannie) (1).
4. Was he wounded at Franklin ? Captured? Missing? Killed?
5. Survive Franklin ? Survive the war?
Yes and Yes
6. Your exact relation?
Spartan Tate is my great, great grandfather.
7. Burial place?
Spartan and Mary are buried at the Berea Baptist Church in Greenville , SC
8. Any pictures of the soldier: in uniform? Before or after the war?
9. Surviving letters, diaries, or documents you’re willing to share?
None I have found.
10. The email address for you to be contacted?
11. Permission to re-publish your info in a web-based database so others can learn about him, and possibly contact you to ask questions or share info you might desire?
Charles Tate <firstname.lastname@example.org>