Found your Battle of Franklin site from a link on the ‘Dead Confederates’ blog. I am a direct descendant of a Union soldier who fought at the battle.
You’ve done a really nice job with this site.
1. Full names of soldier.
2. Rank, unit served with, etc.
63rd Indiana Infantry Corporal
3. Any personal info about the soldier that you’re aware of.
From White County Indiana. Beckwith’s older brother Luke Rogers served in the 20th Indiana Infantry
4. Was he wounded at Franklin? Captured? Missing? Killed?
5. Survive Franklin? Survive the war?
Yes to both
6. Your exact relation?
Beckwith is my great-great-great grandfather
7. Burial place?
Not sure of cemetery name, but it’s just outside of Wolcott, IN
8. Any pictures of the soldier: in uniform? Before or after the war?
9. Surviving letters, diaries, or documents you’re willing to share?
10. The email address for you to be contacted?